|The Jefferson County Library Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the programs and resources of the eleven Jefferson County libraries. This educational foundation is specifically organized to assist and support financially services not available through the libraries dedicated tax-income base. For example, some of the Foundation efforts include:
- Funding the public-use computers and acquiring ever-changing information technology.
- Financially supporting the children's and teen's summer reading clubs.
- Sponsoring noted author series.
- Acquisition and preservation of special collections having historical value.
- Funding speakers and conferences such as the annual Young Adult Literature Conference.
- Expanding the library's collection through additional purchases of children and adult books, audio books, CD's, and video cassettes.
- Identifying and addressing future needs of our patrons for their education and enjoyment.
- Organizing and coordinating the Annual Fall Book Sale and the Rare and Collectible Book Auction.
- Honoring the library's 300 dedicated volunteers at an annual appreciation dinner.
- Sponsoring the Friends of the Library organization.